|Relationship||with Robert Alan Roy
||11 Jun 1656
||Chelmsford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts 
|On 11 June 1656 Thomas and Mary were received into covenant in the Chelmsford Church. |
||23 Mar 1694
||Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts [1, 2]
||16 Aug 2021 |
||Lt. Thomas Adams, c. 25 Mar 1612, Barton St David, Somersetshire, England d. 20 Jul 1688, Chelmsford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts (Age ~ 76 years) |
||Yes, date unknown [2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13]
||Proof that Mary is not Marie Blackmore
Marriage Record of Marie Blackmore and Thomas Adams
||From 1643 to 1664 [1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11]
|1. Mary Adams (1643-soon after)|
2. Jonathan Adams (1646-_1712)
3. Pelatiah Adams (1646-1725)
4. Timothy Adams (1648-1708)
5. George Adams (1650-young)
6. Samuel Adams (c1652-1718)
7. Edith Adams (1655-____)
8. Rebecca Adams (1657-young)
9. Elizabeth Adams (1659-young)
10. Thomas Adams (1660-1660)
11. Mary Adams (1664-____)
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||16 Aug 2021 |
- Surname: Early genealogists only give her first name. Adams (1886) and others give her surname as Blackmore. Wyman (1879) states this was the name of Thomas, son of Samuel's wife. Wyman is the only source I have found that disagrees, so will use the surname of Blackmore until I discovered the marriage entry in the original records. Thomas Adams and Marie Blackmore were married in May 1680, clearly not the wife of this Thomas Adams. [2, 13]
- [S76] Adams, Andrew N. A Genealogical History of Henry Adams of Braintree, Mass., and his Descendants also John Adams of Cambridge, Mass., 1632-1897, (Rutland, Vermont: Tuttle Company, 1898).
- [S1900] Adams, John Hamilton. History of Our Branch of the Adams Family, (unknown location: John Hamilton Adams, 1886).
- [S74] Crane, Ellery Bicknell. Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Massachusetts, (New York: The Lewis Publishing Co., 1907).
- [S1902] The Essex Institute. Vital Records of Chelmsford, Massachusetts to the end of the Year 1849, (Salem, Massachusetts: The Essex Institute, 1914).
- [S1571] Farmer, John. Genealogical Register of First Settlers of New England, (Lancaster, Massachusetts: Carter, Andrews, & Company, 1829).
- [S71] Johnson, Hugh Albert. Norris, Hackett, Prescott and Allied Families Our Ancestors and Their Descendants, (Annandale, Virginia: Charles Baptie Studios, 1975).
- [S72] Pope, Charles Henry. The Pioneers of Massachusetts , (Boston: Charles H. Pope, 1900).
- [S1325] Pulsifer, David. "Records of Boston", (Boston: The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, volume III, 1849).
- [S1026] Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May 1692 on the Basis of Farmer's Register, volume I, (Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1860).
- [S91] Torrey, Clarence Almon. New England Marriage Prior to 1700, (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1985).
- [S1670] Vinton, John Adams. The Vinton Memorial, Comprising a Genealogy of the Descendants of John Vinton of Lynn, 1648, (Boston: S. K. Whipple and Company, 1858).
- [S1903] Waters, Wilson. History of Chelmsford, Massachusetts, (Lowell, Massachusetts: Currier-Citizen Company, 1917).
- [S84] Wyman, Thomas Bellows. The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown, Massachusetts 1629-1818 , (Boston: David Clapp & Son, 1879).